Random musings and observations from an individual with too much time on his hands

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Go Retro

I just found the Retorbits Podcast and I have to say it is one of the more fun things I have run accross in a long time.

I have been a collector of old Macs and Apple IIs for a while now, reliving the coputers I was using in school. I have an Amiga 2000 around that I play with occasionally (unfortunately the space for it is lacking, but I hope to fix that soon) and have always wanted a Commodore 64 (but now a 128 looks much better).

Well, it's one of those "hobby" things. There is still quite a bit of life in old computers, though. Fire up AppleWorks or WordStar sometime when you want to write that great American novel. It provides for less distractions. There's only one thing to do, and no fancy formatting to get in the way of a good book.

Really, short of web surfing, there's not much that these old computers can't handle with a few finishing touches and maybe an accelerator. You might need a couple of them to replace your modern rig, but hey, they're cheap.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Site Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to spiritoftheoak
Powered by groups.yahoo.com