Random musings and observations from an individual with too much time on his hands

Thursday, July 31, 2003

You can't do this every day

Well, I've changed my Keenspot sig to point here -- Welcome to both of you. Also to those who have followed out from my webpage.

Well, I've recently become aware of two good bands, Cheap Trick and Letters to Cleo. Star-corssed by their renditions of "I Want You to Want Me". I know, I know; Cheap Trick sings "wussy" songs, but they're good. So there. Also, when they were on Conan, their singer reminded me of a certain caving Rick pictured here in the right-hand image.

Humm... difficulty with random story for today.

I'm excited that I've had a few captions accepted recently at A1-AAA. I've floated in and out of that for years now, since just before the Dysfunctional Family Circus (DFC) ended, and I've never hand more than one caption appear in a stretch of active pictures. If you ever get the chance, Google for "Free Floating DFC Archive" and download it. The DFC is by far the funniest long-running gag I have ever found on the internet. I have laughed until I hurt on a few of those gems. I quote some of my favorite captions.

I haven't, however, read all 400 of them. There are a few in the middle I have missed, and I've must get through them one of these days. It is a classic part of the web. It's too bad that King Features Syndicate decided to shut them down, but once you see the darkness of the humor there you may understand why they would when they saw it.

I will never forget such great phrases as "Sperm-burping gutter slut" and "Uniboob" that I got from there.

Finally, I would like to apologize for the verbosity of the last post. Sometimes you feel like going over the top.

TTFN
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Site Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to spiritoftheoak
Powered by groups.yahoo.com